Sami Foundation is an indigenous non-profit organization that has been working for last two decades for community development of District Umerkot and its surroundings. The organization has been providing services in the areas of primary healthcare, education and literacy, agriculture and environment, women rights, awareness rising on local, regional and national issues. To enrich the information base and enhance the knowledge of citizens of Umerkot Sami Foundation has established “Sami Resource Center”.
• The build the capacities of youth and common people.
• To provide good environment to students, readers and researchers.
• To provide students the counseling services for getting admissions in various govt. / private institutions,
college and universities.
• To provide material, notes of academic and competitive examinations according to aptitude, availing
scholarships for higher studies.
• To organize seminars, lectures, focus group discussions and dialogues on issues of public interest.
• To collect and exhibit traditional crafts of the area for promotion of indigenous culture and heritage.
• To conduct research on issues of the area, publish reports for advocacy.